It’s not a new itinerary, but it is a new theme. As with other AmaWaterways’ theme river cruises all the standard Tulip Time tours are included in the price, plus at no extra charge, you can take part in special excursions and onboard activities relating to beer. There’s even a beer connoisseur host!
AmaWaterways’ newest theme cruise sailing March 31, 2015 highlights Dutch and Belgian beers and cuisine. Here’s everything on top of what you’ll already get:
- a beer pairing dinner with local cuisine and delicacies
- brewery tours (including a Dutch windmill brewery)
- Belgian chocolates
- Dutch cheese
- a beer connoisseur to lead the onboard discussions and tastings
Who’s the beer connoisseur?
Don Russell is hosting this theme cruise. As noted on the AmaWaterways site, for the past 15 years he has written, “a weekly beer column for the Philadelphia Daily News (under the byline Joe Sixpack).” He has three books published, traveled the world tasting beers, and has won a number of journalism awards.
What are the standard tours already included?
Along with special shore activities, regularly scheduled tours are offered as well on this beer theme river cruise. They include:
- canal cruise and city tour of Amsterdam
- walking tour of Volendam
- walking tour and cheese tasting tour in Edam, or you can choose the guided bicycle tour here.
- visit to the Airborne Museum or Het Loo Palace in Arnheim
- walking tour in Antwerp or Reubens tour.
- walking tour in Ghent
- private organ recital or guided bicycle tour in Willemstad.
- visit to the Kinderdijk windmills
- visit to Keukenhof Gardens
Definitely no time is wasted exploring this part of the world, and here’s exactly where you’ll be headed…
March 31 – Amsterdam | April 1 – Amsterdam, Volendam, Edam | April 2 – Arnhem, Nijmegen | April 3 – Antwerp | April 4 – Ghent | April 5 – Willemstad, Kinderdijk |April 6 – Utrecht | April 7 – Amsterdam
You’ll want to secure your spot now if you’re interested in this NEW beer theme cruise. AmaWaterways is offering a 5% early booking discount and you have until June 30, 2014 to take advantage of it. Call today to speak with a River Cruise Specialist at 1-800-565-2784.
*All images in this post are courtesy of AmaWaterways.*